Industry is a major user of Europe’s key bioinformatics resources. Industrial users range from large multinational companies to micro-SMEs, covering fields such as pharma, biotech, food, agriculture and aquaculture.
The objectives of ELIXIR’s Industry Strategy are to:
- Increase industry usage of ELIXIR resources and ensure that name is synonymous with quality
- Enable Open innovation by Europe’s SMEs
- Build effective partnerships with key industry stakeholders and initiatives
- Ensure effective communication between industry and ELIXIR
- Support the bioinformatics training needs of industry (ELIXIR Training Platform)
Our activities are guided by input from the Industry Advisory Committee.
- ELIXIR Industry brochure
- Public data resources as a business model for SMEs
- ELIXIR poster on industry engagement
- ELIXIR Industry strategy
- Bousfield D, McEntyre J, Velankar S et al. Patterns of database citation in articles and patents indicate long-term scientific and industry value of biological data resources [version 1; referees: 3 approved]. F1000Research 2016, 5(ELIXIR):160 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.7911.1)
Stay in touch
Our quarterly industry newsletter is a great way to keep up to date with industry related activities and services.
Dr. Katharina Lauer
ELIXIR Industry Officer
Wellcome Genome Campus
CB10 1SD Hinxton, UK