Industry is a major user of Europe’s key bioinformatics resources. Industrial users range from large multinational companies to micro-SMEs, covering fields such as pharma, biotech, food, agriculture and aquaculture.
The objectives of ELIXIR’s Industry Strategy are:
- Facilitating collaborations between researchers in academia and industry, around mutually-beneficial cross-sectoral challenges
- Increasing the use of ELIXIR’s infrastructure services and resources by industry to allow for open innovation
- Demonstrating the impact of ELIXIR resources for open science, innovation in the life sciences and society at large
- Ensuring ELIXIR Nodes are supported in engaging effectively with the private sector
Our activities are guided by input from the Industry Advisory Committee.
- ELIXIR Industry brochure
- Supporting innovation in bioinformatics : How ELIXIR connects public bioinformatics infrastructure with industry
- Public data resources as a business model for SMEs
- ELIXIR poster on industry engagement
- ELIXIR poster on business models in open bio-data ecosystems
- ELIXIR Industry strategy
- ELIXIR Industry strategy until March 2020
- Bousfield D, McEntyre J, Velankar S et al. Patterns of database citation in articles and patents indicate long-term scientific and industry value of biological data resources [version 1; referees: 3 approved]. F1000Research 2016, 5(ELIXIR):160 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.7911.1)
Stay in touch
Our quarterly industry newsletter is a great way to keep up to date with industry related activities and services.
Dr. Katharina Lauer
ELIXIR Industry Officer
Wellcome Genome Campus
CB10 1SD Hinxton, UK