Each year, since 2018, ELIXIR organises BioHackathon Europe, bringing together bioinformaticians from around the world.
The BioHackathon offers an intense week of hacking, with over 160 international participants, to work on diverse and exciting projects. The week starts with a half-day symposium to introduce these, followed by five days of hacking with one sole aim — coding to address challenges in bioinformatics.
BioHackathon Europe 2024
BioHackathon Europe 2024 will take place 4 - 8 November (venue to be confirmed).
Details will be announced here and on the BioHackathon website.
Companies are welcome to participate. Contact the ELIXIR Industry Officer Despoina Sousoni (despoina.sousoni [at] elixir-europe.org) with any questions.
- BH2023: Website | GitHub repo | Photos
- BH2022: Website | GitHub repo | News story | Photos
- BH2021: Website | GitHub repo | News story | Photos
- BH2020: Website | GitHub repo | News story
- BH2019: Website | GitHub repo | News story | Photos
- BH2018: Website | GitHub repo | Photos
Contact for the organising committee: biohackathon-europe [at] elixir-europe.org (subject: BioHackathon%20Europe%20)
The first BioHackathon Europe took place in Paris in 2018. It was based on the BioHackathons that The National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC) and Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS) have organized in Japan since 2008 (see their BioHackathon website).