The European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) is a large programme that aims to transform European science along three major axes:
- Consolidation of e-Infrastructure services and position these services as an embedded “supply-chain” for data intensive scientific collaborations.
- Open Science in practice - transform the Open Science policies into scientific practice.
- Integrate the user-focussed services from research infrastructures - with their user communities - to enable interdisciplinary research aligned with the major societal challenges.
Goals of the group
The ELIXIR EOSC Focus Group will connect ELIXIR’s EOSC-related activities:
- coordinating ELIXIR members’ participation in the EOSC Association, providing a forum for Association members to report their activities and request ELIXIR policy and strategy guidance.
- aligning the ELIXIR Platforms with the EOSC Association Task Forces and related activities to maximise the impact of ELIXIR approaches on EOSC and to identify contributions EOSC can make to ELIXIR objectives.
- providing an overview of and identifying synergies across ELIXIR participation in EOSC projects with an ELIXIR contribution such as EOSC-Life and EOSC-Future.
- connecting the ELIXIR Communities with the EOSC use cases, demonstrator and training activities.
- acting as a contact point for other ESFRI Infrastructures with a shared or aligned approach to EOSC.
Specific deliverables are likely to include:
- A live connection for communication between the EOSC structures and the ELIXIR Nodes, Platforms, Communities and funded projects including up to date lists of ELIXIR EOSC participants and their EOSC roles.
- Strategy recommendations for the engagement and alignment of ELIXIR Platforms with EOSC activities.
- Reviews of ELIXIR impact across the many parallel contributions to EOSC.
ELIXIR's EOSC Strategy
The ELIXIR EOSC Focus Group formed a strategy document detailing ELIXIR Europe's strategy for engagement with the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). Produced by the ELIXIR-EOSC Focus Group during 2022.
eosc [at] elixir-europe.org
- Compute Platform: Ludek Matyska (CZ), Justin Clark-Casey (EMBL-EBI)
- Interoperability Platform: Frederik Coppens (BE), Susanna-Assunta Sansone (UK)
- Tools Platform: Salvador Capella-Gutierrez (ES), Bjoern Gruening (DE)
- Training Platform: Celia van Gelder (NL), Fotis Psomopoulos (GR), Jessica Lindvall (SE)
- Data Platform: Patrick Ruch (CH)