The French scientific community has set up a national infrastructure of services in bioinformatics called “Institut Français de Bioinformatique” (IFB). IFB is on the roadmap of the French Ministry of Research as the reference institute of bioinformatics and as the French ELIXIR Node. IFB/ELIXIR-FR potentially supports all the research fields covered by the partner research institutes with recognized assets in all areas of Life Science and their applications to Health, Plant Sciences, Marine Ecology, Microbial Biotechnology.
The IFB is composed of a national hub (IFB-core), 21 member bioinformatics platforms and about ten associated platforms affiliated to the main French research organizations. The French node of ELIXIR offers a wide range of services including:
- Organized specialized databases
- Online tools and services (development of original software tools and databases, packaging, virtualization, workflows etc)
- Dedicated computing infrastructures (federated cloud and cluster)
- Accompaniment of life scientists on their research projects (consulting, data analysis, customized workflows)
- Innovative approaches in integrative bioinformatics
- Data management plans