The Galaxy Working Group was established in 2015 to evaluate the usage of the online platform Galaxy in the ELIXIR Nodes, and its applications in ELIXIR platforms.
The group carried out a study identifying the usage of Galaxy in the Nodes and its application in the platforms and proposed a set of recommendations to the ELIXIR Heads of Nodes Committee (see Documents below).
This working group aims to build a network within ELIXIR and Europe of Galaxy administrators, developers and users.
ELIXIR support to Galaxy users and developers
- Developing training materials as part of the Galaxy Training network:
- Collecting training materials through the ELIXIR Training Portal:
- Building a Galaxy ecosystem with interconnected resources for Tools, Workflows and Services - Registration of Galaxy Tools in bio.tools with ReGaTE
- Establishing system-agnostic, reproducible and executable environments for bioinformatics software with BioConda and BioContainers:
- 21 July 2017, Prague, Czech Republic: Making Galaxy Work for You (ISMB /ECCB tutorial)22-24 May 2017, UK, Cambridge: ELIXIR/GOBLET/GTN hackathon for Galaxy training material re-use
- 16-19 January 2017, France, Strasbourg: European Galaxy Developer Workshop
- 18 May 2016, France, Paris: Technical Hackathon: Tools, Workflows and Workbenches
- 6 April 2016, Germany, Heidelberg, Galaxy DevOps Workshop
- 6 July 2015, United Kingdom Norwich, Galaxy Community Conference 2015
ELIXIR supports the Galaxy Community Conference: it sponsored the 2015 (Norwich, UK) and 2017 (Montpellier, France) editions.
Frederik Coppens, ELIXIR Belgium
Björn Grüning, ELIXIR Germany
Gildas Le Corguillé, ELIXIR France
galaxy-recommendation-group [at] elixir-europe.org
frederik.coppens [at] elixir-belgium.org (subject: ELIXIR%20Galaxy%20Working%20Group%20info)
bjoern.gruening [at] gmail.com (subject: ELIXIR%20WG%20info)
lecorguille [at] sb-roscoff.fr