Find out what ELIXIR members are doing to support the fight against COVID-19 in their countries. For a list of services ELIXIR is providing for COVID-19 research see the ELIXIR support to COVID-19 page.
- Actively involved in setting up best practices for the analysis of SARS-CoV-2 data using publicly accessible infrastructure and workflows.
- The Node also contributes to the COVID-19-specific instance for EOSC-Life's WorkflowHub.
ELIXIR Czech Republic×
- Helping the Institute of Health Information and Statistics of the Czech Republic to create an epidemiological model of the pandemic.
- Involved in the research team established by IDEA at CERGE-EI to model the epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic.
- Offering computing resources to the testing centre at Palacký University, which hosts EATRIS-CZ, for processing large amounts of test data.
- See also the ELIXIR Czech website.
- Information available soon.
- Developed data collection services and modelling tools for hospitals to track the spread of COVID-19. See the special pages on the University of Tartu website.
- Established a feature in the software registry bio.tools to allow scientists to search for the most suitable software for COVID-19-related work.
- Prioritising access to national cloud and computing facilities for COVID-19 research projects.
- Mobilised resources for the virtual COVID-19 BioHackathon.
- Formed a COVID-19 Task Force with national experts in bioinformatics and infrastructure provision.
- Created a website listing the national computing infrastructures and workflows. See the IFB website.
- Offering data expertise to community-driven efforts like the Research Data Alliance COVID-19 Working Group.
- Offering training in genomics for bench scientists who do not have access to labs amid COVID-19 closures.
- Published research on COVID-19 - see the bioRxiv paper.
- Mobilised the national compute resources to support virtual COVID-19 BioHackathon and for on-demand Galaxy workflow support. See the Laniakea website.
- Compiled a list of national services and activities as part of the national ‘Health RI’ initiative.
- Launched a viral portal.
- Developed Galaxy workflows for pre-processing raw Illumina data and analysing SARS-CoV-2 sequences.
- Offering data management support to projects that applied for emergency funding.
- Developed a Detection and Therapeutics Oligo Database for SARS-CoV-2.
- Offering data management expertise to COVID-19 projects.
- Providing compute capacity to Galaxy Europe.
- Developing a COVID-19 registry of patient data to enable online data collection and provide (some) compute resources for national and international research.
- Created a website that gathers all the efforts of ELIXIR Spain and TransBioNet members. See the Spanish National Bioinformatics Institute (INB) website.
- Planning the collection of human sequences (e.g. proteomics, serology) to store it securely in a local instance of the European Genome phenome Archive (EGA).
- Running databases and tools for COVID-19 research.
- Created a dedicated webpage to compile all related resources. See the SIB website.
The EBI and the European Commission have launched the European COVID-19 Data Portal. This enables the rapid collection and sharing of relevant data, in an effort to accelerate coronavirus research.