With the ELIXIR Bioinformatics Industry Forum we want to build a community for technical specialists to discuss visionary ideas, bottlenecks and solutions to some of the major challenges in the data driven life science sector. What unites all participants is the drive to move science forward through a collaborative effort.
With these events we aim to:
- Give companies the chance to present technical advances in their field, and to discuss and share feedback on these from ELIXIR members.
- Provide a forum for knowledge exchange and collaboration in the pre-competitive space.
- Create networking opportunities with bioinformatics opinion leaders, academic experts in ELIXIR and other industry members.
- Provide a forum to articulate scientific and technical challenges with experts in the field and potentially develop innovative solutions for e.g. analytics, infrastructure and AI exploitation.
What can attendees expect:
Attendees at this event will be immersed in a world of data driven innovation, with a mix of high-level keynote presentations, roundtable sessions to discuss and interact with other participants, panel discussions addressing hot topics in the data driven life science sector and visionary talks on the latest developments in bioinformatics.
A dedicated session with five minute Flash Talks, will give you the chance to introduce your work to a broad audience (see registration form to submit a Flash Talk).
Who should attend:
Bioinformaticians, Developers, IT specialists, Data Scientist/Engineers and anyone interested in the data driven life sciences sector
- Tom Whitehead (Intellegens)
- Crispin Keable (Atos)
- Marta Garcia-Gasulla (Barcelona Supercomputing Centre)
- Charlotte Deane (University of Oxford)
- Alessandro Riccombeni (AWS)