The UK Node of ELIXIR represents UK strengths in bioinformatics within ELIXIR and provides a route for UK bioinformatics resources to participate in ELIXIR. The Node's activities and services span the ELIXIR Platforms for training, interoperability and standards, tools and data.
ELIXIR UK offers services to the rest of ELIXIR members, which come from two streams:
- an annual, open and transparent process to conform to a set of criteria designed to ensure high service quality and match UK priorities as identified by its funders
- project commitments made to ELIXIR, notably ELIXIR-EXCELERATE
ELIXIR UK co-leads ELIXIR’s Training Platform. The TeSS Training Portal is ELIXIR’s training materials aggregator to provide coherent access to pre-existing training materials, resources, activities and events, including links to training-relevant catalogues within and around the ELIXIR network. The Nodes other services for training are three centres:
- Cambridge University Bioinformatics Training Program
- Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre
- Edinburgh Genomics Advanced Training in Bioinformatics programme
Interoperability and standards
ELIXIR UK co-leads ELIXIR’s Interoperability platform. It offers three Node services to ELIXIR:
Data and Tools
The ELIXIR UK data and tools services have thematic focuses on protein structure and function, expression atlases, human health and disease, and cultivated plants and farmed animals.
Protein Structure and Function
Human Health and Disease
Head of Node
(University of Manchester)