Research Data Alliance is an organisation carrying momentum worldwide. The purpose of this group is to make sure that the ELIXIR point of view is presented in the RDA community.
- Ensure that life-science communities within RDA that could use our efforts are aware of the technical choices and possibilities of ELIXIR
- Become aware of the developments in life-science data communities outside of ELIXIR
- Ensure that technical communities are aware of developments in data handling in the life sciences
- Become aware of technical developments in data handling in other science fields that are of value for ELIXIR.
- Connect to publishers, funders and other data policy makers, as well as standards and database developers, part of the FAIRsharing network, to ensure the use of these resources are pervasive.
Representative(s) from the RDA Activities Focus Group regularly attend the RDA Plenary Meeting, and communicate with the ELIXIR network via an executive summary generated after each plenary meeting. This Focus Group will meet every two months once an agreement of a regular bi-monthly slot is made with the group members. This focus group will
- act as a proxy of communication between ELIXIR and the other international initiatives in the RDA-CODATA-GOFAIR "Data Together" triangle
- represent ELIXIR in the RDA's Life Science Data Infrastructure Community of Practice Interest Group (pending approval of the group)
- establish a success criteria to measure the benefit of RDA involvement to ELIXIR members at large
- encourage an uptake of the RDA standards within ELIXIR and provide a venue to collect opinions and feedback from ELIXIR Communities and Technical Production in adopting RDA standards at ELIXIR