Biodiversity is an increasingly important topic globally and is likely to receive a great deal of attention over the coming few years. Many of the Nodes have an interest in aspects of the underlying data that support the measurement and understanding of Biodiversity. In May 2019, the ELIXIR HoNs committee agreed to establish a Working Group to better align ELIXIR’s work on Biodiversity across the Nodes and with other global initiatives in the domain.
- Understand and catalogue the capabilities, interests and ongoing projects we have in this area across the ELIXIR Nodes
- Develop appropriate connections with key external partners in the field (GBIF, DiSSCo, LifeWatch etc)
- Recommend short term activities that will advance the field within ELIXIR, if required
- Develop a longer term strategy for how this subject could be supported in ELIXIR
- Coordinate ELIXIR aspects of potential grant applications