The ELIXIR Bioinformatics Suppliers Forum (EBSF) is a one day event for suppliers of bioinformatics services, solutions and resources. Suppliers can learn about ELIXIR services with a focus on compute, bioinformatics tools, and AI, and exchange technical information relating to their products through scientific presentations or demonstrations. The Forum will be highly interactive with opportunities for informal networking as well as structured discussions and presentations.
SMEs and Startups will have the opportunity to present themselves during a dedicated flash talk session (All presentation slots have been taken. To be added to the waiting list contact katharina.lauer [at] elixir-europe.org).
- Give companies the chance to present technical advances in their field, and receive input on those from ELIXIR
- Provide a forum for knowledge exchange and collaboration in the pre-competitive space
- Create networking opportunities with bioinformatics opinion leaders, academic experts in ELIXIR and other industry members
- Provide a forum to articulate scientific and technical challenges with experts in the field and potentially develop innovative solutions for e.g. analytics, infrastructure and AI exploitation
The venue is:
183 Euston Road
The most convenient way to travel is by train to Kings Cross or Euston and walk. Full details on locating the venue can be found on the Wellcome Collection website.
Agenda enquiries: Katharina Lauer (katharina.lauer [at] elixir-europe.org)
Logistical enquiries: Melissa Balzano (melissa.balzano [at] elixir-europe.org)
- Kenji Takeda (Microsoft )
- Maria Rodriguez Martinez (IBM)
- Klaus Maisinger (Illumina)
- Natalia Jimenez (ATOS/BULL)
- Rodrigo Barnes (Aridhia Informatics)
- Stephen Newhouse (EBI)
- Bjoern Gruening (ELIXIR Germany/deNBI)
See also: Innovation and industry