The 7th ELIXIR All Hands meeting will be a virtual event taking place 1-11 June 2021. The meeting will bring together around 500 members of the ELIXIR community from across ELIXIR Nodes and collaborators from partner organisations. In a series of keynote sessions, mini-symposia and workshops, the participants will review ELIXIR’s achievements and activities and discuss plans for the future.
- Workshop call open: 15 February 2021
- Workshop call closed: 12 March 2021
- Notification of accepted workshops: By 31 March 2021
- Final Programme ready and registration for the meeting open: 19 April 2021
- Registration for the meeting closed: 14 May 2021
Call for workshops
The ELIXIR All Hands 2021 meeting will include a series of virtual workshops that are now open for applications.
These workshops are open to all ELIXIR Platforms, Communities and Focus Groups. Each will run for two hours (morning or afternoon) with the blocks being available across two weeks (1 - 11 June) in an attempt to avoid overlapping events. Where appropriate, it will be possible to apply for two blocks to make a whole day event.
Workshops should involve more than one group and should be driven by a specific scientific question that can be answered by a cross-talk of multiple ELIXIR resources (e.g. Platforms and/or Communities or Focus Groups). The intention is to build connections between different areas of ELIXIR, encouraging groups to participate and engage with the work. This year because of the mid term review there will be no dedicated Platform-only workshops. More information about the Data Management, EOSC and Human Data mini-symposia organised by the Hub is available below.
Applications, with maximum 200 words, should be submitted through EasyChair, the link is available at the top of this page to those logged into the intranet. If you cannot see the 2021 All Hands meeting listed as a conference in EasyChair, please follow these steps: 1. Log in to EasyChair. 2. Click to open the link from the "Submission" button in the same browser where you're logged in to EasyChair. 3. Click “New Submission” on the page that opens up.
The workshop submissions will be evaluated by the All Hands Programme Committee taking into account the following criteria:
- Relevance to the ELIXIR Programme (Communities and Platforms)
- Cross-cutting connections within ELIXIR
- Expected outcomes and their relevance to ELIXIR.
A number of key topics will be covered by mini-symposia organised by the Hub. If you would like to contribute to any of these please contact us.Data Management - contact: Sirarat Sarntivijai
- ELIXIR Interoperability Platform
- ELIXIR Data Platform
- CONVERGE WP1/3
- FAIRplus WP3
- Registries Focus Group
- EOSC-Life interaction with ELIXIR
- EOSC Zoo of projects including Enhance, Futures and intersections with ELIXIR and other major initiatives (eg. GAIA-X)
- Coordinated by the emerging EOSC Focus Group
- Federated EGA
- Human Data Communities (Beacon, hCNV, Rare Disease, Federated Human Data)
- Cancer Data Focus Group and Health Data Focus Group
The registration to the meeting will open on 19 April 2021, when the link to register will be shared via ELIXIR Weekly Brief and on this page to those logged in via the intranet. The meeting is for ELIXIR members and invited guests only.
The All Hands Programme will include keynotes, mini-symposia, workshops and social activities arranged into two hour slots of 10-12 and 13-15 CEST, 1 - 11 June. The final Programme will be made available on this web page on 19 April.
The ELIXIR 2019-23 Programme Mid-term Review will take place during the All Hands meeting in the afternoon of 7 - 9 June and the CONVERGE AGM on the 10 June.