WP Leaders: Jo McEntyre (EMBL-EBI) and Christine Durinx (CH)
The overall objective of the work package is to build a framework to inform and drive the sustainable development of Europe’s core life-science data resources.
The goals of the work package are:
- Formalise the metrics and quality criteria for key bioinformatics resources across Europe
- Inform life-cycle management of resources and improve the ELIXIR Resource portfolio through the implementation of an active and computer-assisted monitoring infrastructure
- Increase the sustainability of curated resources through literature-data integration and resource crosslinking
See the Data Platform.
- D3.1: List of metrics/quality criteria measuring the scientific impact, service usage, service delivery, and eligibility for “ELIXIR Named Resource” and “ELIXIR Core Resource” labels, to allow construction and extension of the ELIXIR Resource portfolio.
- D3.2: A report describing the semantically enriched Europe PMC that links literature to ELIXIR Core resource data, exemplified by GeneRif annotations
- D3.3: Report describing ELIXIR-wide systems for the computer-assisted collection and delivery of harmonised metrics and quality criteria from multiple ELIXIR resources and collation of these at the ELIXIR Hub