The ELIXIR Director is responsible for implementing the decisions of the ELIXIR Board. The current Director is Dr Niklas Blomberg.
What the Director does
- Manages and administers ELIXIR and the ELIXIR Hub Staff
- Appoints and dismisses ELIXIR Staff
- Prepares the Scientific Programme in consultation with the Heads of Nodes Committee, supervises and executes the Programme and oversees the Financial Plan;
- Proposes each year no later than 1 October a detailed ELIXIR Budget for the following year
- Presents annual scientific and financial reports to the ELIXIR Board