The ELIXIR Board is inviting candidates from life science companies to join the ELIXIR Industry Advisory Committee (IAC). Taking into consideration the current distribution of expertise within the committee, applications are particularly encouraged from experts in the fields of plant and crop, food and nutrition sciences, as well as scientific publishing and AI, machine learning in life sciences.
Interested candidates should send a completed CV, using the template linked below, to Joana Wingender (joana.wingender [at] elixir-europe.org) by Thursday, 31 March. The summaries of nominees’ CVs will be reviewed by the ELIXIR Board at its spring meeting, taking place 27-28 April 2022. The ELIXIR Board will appoint one new candidate to the IAC.
Membership of IAC
To reflect the breadth of ELIXIR, the IAC should comprise industry representatives from user communities accessing ELIXIR resources as well as suppliers and publishers. The ELIXIR Board will look to appoint an IAC made up of members that collectively have skills and experience in all of the following areas:
- Domain specific knowledge of the application areas supported by ELIXIR, i.e. plant sciences, agriculture- food & nutrition, marine, pharma, healthcare & diagnostics, toxicology, -omics sciences, biotechnology
- Users of resources run by ELIXIR partners
- The commercial provision of informatics services
- The commercial provision of HPC, storage and cloud computing
- Scientific publishing
Further information on the role of the IAC and the process for appointment are available in the support document linked below:
- CV template for the nomination of new members of the ELIXIR IAC