Reporting directly to the Director General and in collaboration with the senior Scientific Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of all ERINHA’s scientific activities and the implementation of the infrastructure’s scientific strategy. Your responsibilities as ERINHA Scientific Project Manager include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Monitoring, managing and reporting on ERINHA scientific activities
- Writing and editing grant applications
- Evaluating the research projects submitted to ERINHA by external users and managing the independent peer-review procedure
- Managing the access of external users to the infrastructure on an administrative and scientific level
- Providing advice and scientific expertise to the Director General, General Assembly and Executive Board of the infrastructure.
- Contributing to the communication contents/tools.
- Developing and managing practical training programmes in the relevant research fields for internal and external users.
- Working collaboratively with other CCU members to improve the infrastructure
- You have a PhD in infectious diseases, or another closely related field (life sciences) and strong experience in project management (establishing a budget, negotiating with partners, following up on multiple activities, reporting, etc.)
- You are fluent in English and have ideally good communications skills in French.
- Knowledge of emerging and re-emerging high-consequence pathogens (notably Risk group 4 agents) and of the organization, structure and functioning of containment facilities including safety, security and regulatory specificities would be a strong asset.
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis to coordinate the projects with ERINHA’s partners. (Note: business travels are currently kept to a minimum and strictly comply with all public health recommendations).
How to apply
Please, send your full application (CV + cover letter) in English to contact[at]erinha[dot]eu (CC to audrey.richard[at]erinha[dot]eu) no later than 31 October 2020. Do not hesitate to provide us with any additional documents (in English or in French) that you deem relevant to support your application (qualifications, references, etc…).
The European Research Infrastructure on Highly pathogenic Agents (ERINHA) is a pan-European distributed research infrastructure that operates as an international non-profit association under Belgian law, with its registered offices in Brussels, a Central Coordinating Unit (CCU) located in Paris, and members in Europe. ERINHA offers high containment services to scientists, including laboratory experiment services, expertise, and training. The infrastructure also coordinates or participates to large-scale collaborations to advance research on highly infectious emerging and re-emerging pathogens.
The CCU coordinates the research programmes, ensures the scientific follow-up of the projects that ERINHA is involved in, and provides all supporting functions for the operation of the infrastructure: administrative, financial and HR management, communication and external relations, data management, etc. The activity of ERINHA is constantly growing. We are therefore looking for a skilled and motivated Scientific Project Manager to join the CCU in Paris, France, for an initial period of one year, with a possibility of renewal. ERINHA is an inclusive, equal-opportunity employer offering attractive compensation, work conditions and benefits.