WP leaders: Nils P. Willassen (NO) and Rob Finn (EMBL-EBI)
To expand the potential of metagenomics for the research community and biotech industry, especially within the marine domain, the metagenomics methodologies need to overcome a number of challenges related to standardization, development of relevant databases and bioinformatics tools.
The Use Case “Marine metagenomic infrastructure as driver for research and industrial innovation” will develop a sustainable metagenomics infrastructure to enhance research and industrial innovation within the marine domain.
This will be achieved by:
- Development and implementation of selected standards for the marine domain
- Development and implementation of databases specific to marine metagenomics
- Evaluation and implementation of tools and pipelines for metagenomics analyses
- Development of a search engine for interrogation of marine metagenomics datasets and
- Establishment of training workshops for end users
See the Marine Metagenomics Community page.
- D6.1: Specific marine databases made publicly available
- D6.2: Report on comprehensive metagenomic data standards environment (report)
- D6.3: Report describing a set of tools, pipelines and search engine for interrogation of marine metagenomic (Not yet completed)
- D6.4: Report on assessment criteria and standardisation of metagenome assembled genomes (MAGs) from Marine samples (Not yet completed)
- D6.5: Improvement and Application of Eukaryotic Gene (Not yet completed)